1. Papaya is also called pawpaw, it is a tropical fruit having commercial importance because of its high nutritive and medicinal value. Papaya cultivation had its origin in southern Mexico and Costa Rica. Total annual world production is estimated at 6 million tonnes of fruits. India leads the world in papaya production with an annual output of about 3 million tonnes. Other leading producers are Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, Indonesia, China, Peru, Thailand and the Philippines.
2. Papaya/pawpaw fruits size ranges from 15-45cm in length and 10-30cm in diameter, when the papaya is ripe, the fruit pulp is soft, and the fruit is composed of peel, pulp and seeds, so when we proceed the papaya pulp, we need to remove the fruit peel and seeds to obtain the papaya pulp.
3. The papaya is rich in nutrients, sweet in taste, soft and juicy. It can be eaten raw or proceed into the puree or juice. Papaya puree is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, mineral iron, calcium, and potassium. It also contains Natural plant polysaccharides, proteins, papaya enzymes and organic acids. The polyamino acid contained in it includes all the essential amino acids for the human body, which is rich in nutrition.
4. The papaya fruit processing machines include papaya washing and sorting machine, papaya blanching machine, papaya peeling and deseeding machine, papaya pulp refiner machine, papaya puree evaporator, sterilizer and filling machine. CIP cleaning system for papaya processing plant.
5. The papaya processing plant can proceed fresh papaya into papaya pulp, papaya puree papaya sauce/jam and papaya juice. And the capacity of the papaya processing machine is from 10T/D-1500T/D.
6. The papaya processing line/equipment are all made of SUS304 food-grade material to ensure the hygiene condition of the line; Electronic control parts for the processing machines adopt to world-class famous brands to ensure the performance and efficiency of the production lines.
Papaya puree: The single strength papaya puree is 8 Brix, and the concentrated papaya puree is 30 Brix. PH value is 3.5-4.2. Consistency is 2-7 Bostwick. The single-strength puree can be filled into pouches or aseptic bags; the concentrated puree can be filled into 220kg aseptic bags. The papaya puree can be used in many food and beverage applications such as marinades, salad dressings, and sauces.
Papaya juice: The papaya juice is made from single-strength papaya puree or concentrated papaya puree, and blended with other flavor ingredients, after homogenized, pasteurized, then filled into small containers like bottles, tin cans, aseptic cartons or pouches.
The fresh papaya will be dumped into the air bubble washing machine by bin tipper for washing the foreign matters like sand, insects, dust, then the clean papaya will be lifted by one scrape elevator to the sorting conveyor, where the operators will sort out the damage and rotten fruits to keep the high-quality fruits, then the high-quality fruits will be fed into peeling and deseeding machine, here we use the roller type extractor to peel and remove part of the seeds, then the papaya will be cooked by steam or hot water to soften the papaya mash and inactivate the enzyme of the fruits. After preheating and cooking, the papaya mash from preheater will be pumped into the refiner and finisher to remove all the seeds and coarse fibers. Finally, we got the papaya puree, and to remove the black specks of the papaya puree, one decanter centrifuge will be applied, and then the papaya puree will be sent to evaporator and sterilizer to get the concentrated puree or directly fed into the sterilizer to obtain the single strength puree.
The bin dumper is an open-frame structure constructed from angle and channel iron. A bulk bin full of papaya (wet weight 800-900 pounds) can be placed on the dumper, which then slowly tilts to empty the fruits into air bubble washing machine for washing.
The papaya fruit in air bubble washing tank is soaked to remove soil and other foreign material. The raw fruit is then conveyed from the water tank to be inspected, and any damaged or decayed fruit removed or trimmed. Some manufacturers rely on brush washers to remove any decayed areas on the fruit to eliminate patulin producing mold spots from the papaya. Sorting and trimming papaya to remove damage or decayed fruit is mandatory. If not removed, damaged or decayed fruit may also impart off-flavors to the finished product and increase the risk of microbiological contamination.